♠ Harper’s BAZAAR & ION Orchard Photography Awards 2013 is back again! ♥
The winning photographers will stand to receive these amazing prizes:
1st Prize: An exotic 5D/4N full-package stay for two in a Spa Pool Villa at Hilton Shillim Estate Retreat & Spa, India (worth over S$6,000), a Balmain Watch Elegance (worth $1,400) and $2,000 ION Orchard shopping vouchers.
2nd prize: A relaxing 4D/3N full package stay for two in the King Ocean Suite at Hilton Pattaya, Thailand (worth over S$6,000), a Balmain Watch Elegance (worth $1,120) and $1,000 ION Orchard shopping vouchers.
Details for the Photography Awards as follows: How to Enter
It’s all about Singapore! What makes us “Uniquely Singapore”? How do you capture the essence of Singapore’s heritage and culture, while still incorporating the beauty of its fashion, lifestyle and the arts? You could be inspired by the coffee shops at Katong, the night lights of Chinatown or the nightlife at Clarke Quay.
Please submit a 200- to 300-word description of how ION Orchard has inspired your shoot thematically along with three to five digital images— strictly. The competition is open to all
amateur or emerging professional photographers currently residing in Singapore and not currently working for a nationwide publication. The winner will be judged on his or her creativity, originality, effort and ability to produce work that is on par with the standards of Harper’s BAZAAR. Images
must NOT be shot at any other shopping mall or any identifiable commercial landmark that would be of conflict to ION Orchard.
The Judging Criteria
1. Relevance to Singapore/fashion/ arts/architecture/culture
2. Composition/arrangement (Use of the best angle and well-placed subject matter)
3. Focus/Sharpness (Is the central object in the photo in focus? Or is it an intentional effect to enhance the image artistically?)
4. Use of lighting (Wherever natural lighting has been utilised, has the photographer used it to his/her advantage?)
5. Originality/creativity (Does the photo demonstrate originality and creative thought?)
6. Effective visual use of the location
7. Inspiration of ION Orchard in the photos and in the descriptions
Email your entries to firstname.lastname@example.org with Harper’s BAZAAR and ION Orchard Photography Awards 2013 Application as the subject title. Please state your name, address, and contact
number. Entries exceeding 2MB are to be compressed and sent with a downloadable link.A 200- to 300-word description can be included in the email or saved in a separate word document.
Terms and Conditions
Harper’s BAZAAR reserves all rights to the images submitted for this competition. The closing date for submissions is 8 May, 2013.
Do grab a copy of Harper’s BAZAAR’s January 2013 issue for full details.
Have fun with your shoots and all the best!