I’ve received a surprise invitation from Reebonz City on Monday and off I went to a cool eye makeup workshop by Poise Atelier the very next day! = Yes Girl = in motion..oh well since my new job at MDA hasn’t started, thought it’ll be great to just make full use of my time now, and boy did I receive a wonderful treat from Poise!
Poise is situated at level 4 Shaw Centre, and tucked prettily at #04-08 – providing beauty, makeup and photoshoot services and promising a unique experience for all customers. Creative Director and Founder Teresa’s mantra is as such “to make every lady as beautiful as she possibly can be, with the correct makeup to play up her features”. She has over 13 years of experience as a makeup artist with Shu Uemura!
Their services include eyebrow shaping, customization of weddings, makeup and hair styling, photoshoots and workshops!
My experience – Poise Atelier Eye Makeup Workshop!
Pre eye makeup look – I didn’t put ANYTHING on my eyes, just touched up my brows and had foundation and blusher on…
Ta-da! Poise Atelier! It was really easy to spot this place because it was prettily decorated!
They also provide eyebrow shaping services for $20!
Poise’s cozy interior
candid profile of Teresa the Creative Director at the reception
And here the makeover session begins!
You can see that Poise uses a lot of Shu products because of their proven efficacy, and I believe that Teresa’s particularly familiar with this brand after being their in house makeup artist for so many years!
more images of the vanity desk – full range of tools like brushes, makeup products and cleaners for an all-encompassing session!
this is after just one eye is done – see the difference??
here’s the “miracle” illuminating powder from Makeup Store that Teresa swears by!
Look at the number of brushes and makeup tools Poise has! Incredible! I wouldn’t know which ones to use if I haven’t received any guidance on them
the 5 makeup brushes Teresa used for me, and I jotted down notes on the steps to put on make up Teresa was very patient and understanding as she guided me to use the products myself on the other eye – step by step! Very impressed at how she’s so friendly, sweet and sincere in wanting to help me apply makeup better with the correct techniques and products. Every girl deserves to be beautiful!
final result! A natural, fresh and radiant appearance without looking too done up
I deliberately wanted slight smoky eyes without appearing too dramatic.
the huge variety of hats and headgear for events, weddings and photoshoots!
my favourite pieces are the red and white ones! the details are so intricate!
Lady Boss and yours truly <3
I really love how my brows are touched up now, natural, shorter and makes me look more refreshing! The “glow” comes from the illuminating powder that worked so well!
still camwhoring at home because I was so satisfied with the results
look how carefully the eye makeup was done? gradiation and light patting strokes is the key!
deliberately took this picture so that you can see the smoky eye effect and my brows clearly. Very natural but really plays up my features!
Here’re the 10 steps to achieving this look! You’ll need the brushes as shown above too~
1. Prep your skin care for makeup with lightweight moisturiser, emulsion or gel form
2. Smooth your complexion with smoothing fluid foundation from Shu in Salmon 764 (Tip: to choose a yellowish tone instead of a pinkish one, because the former is more suited for Asian skin)
3. Apply pressed powder in Shu’s 7light
4. The “miracle” illuminating powder to highlight your features – LOVE this! Product from Makeup Store – Microshadow in Muffin (Tip: dab the powder along your bone structure on the brow bone area, forehead and nose bridge etc, diffuse to even out the powder in a circling, massaging motion)
5. Makeup Store’s Microshadow in Satin to enhance the effect in no. 4
6. Shu’s eye shadow colours in ME855, Metallic Brown as a base followed by ME471 in Olive (Tip: apply in dabbing motions around the eye balls/socket, not to go beyond that)
7. Shu’s gel eyeliner in Black and Maybelline’s gel eyeliner in Dark Brown – mix them up to get the correct colour mix best for my eyebrows – just a shade darker than my hair colour!
8. Shu’s Eyebrow Pencil in Brown
9. Shu’s Basic Mascara (light feel) + lashes from Poise
10. Shu’s Blusher in 333
That’s all for my sharing session! Enjoy! For more information on Poise Atelier’s excellent services please visit their official website here!